I suggest you ...

Support OpenShift Silver purchases worldwide

I quite happily have a staging site running on OpenShift Online, and have spent quite a lot of effort getting the code and database ready for a live launch soon. In order to do this, I figured we'd have to sign up for OpenShift Silver to pay for the ability to use our own domain name and SSL certificate... And then I discover that for some incredibly strange reason, Red Hat doesn't allow people to sign up for OpenShift Silver outside of a limited set of countries: The US, Canada and several European countries. (I'm in Australia) I am happy to pay in USD or one of the other supported currencies, but I don't have a billing address in the US/etc - is there a good reason why our credit cards aren't as good as the supported countries? I don't really care where in the world the servers are, but I don't understand why it's not possible for RedHat to take my money if I'm outside the 'supported' countries. Surely it would be fine to accept credit cards from anywhere in the world?

726 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MolokovMolokov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

894 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...